Congratulations to our 2018 NVYLL champions: Justin Fitzgerald and his G7/8AAA team; Mike Yeagley, Betsy Gurley and their G7/8AA team; John Streeten and his 12U-AAA team; Chris Tinkham and his 12U-UB team; Paul Maggiano and his 10U-MF team.
Welcome to VYI Lacrosse
Welcome to the Vienna Youth, Inc. (VYI) Lacrosse home page. VYI Lacrosse participates in the Northern Virginia Youth Lacrosse League (NVYLL). The purpose of the NVYLL is to provide the youth residing within the geographical boundaries of northern Virginia a healthful, enjoyable leisure time activity and as a corollary to develop qualities that may help them in later life, sportsmanship, team play, and integrity.
For those who played 12U in 2018, and those who will be playing 12U in 2019, Chris Tinkham (one of our 12U-UB coaches in 2018) will be leading summer pickup games at Clarks Crossing on Tuesdays in July as follows:
(1) Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 6:30-8:00 pm
(2) Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 6:30-8:00 pm
(3) Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 6:30-8:00 pm
Players will participate in a few drills and then scrimmage. Full equipment is required; participants should also bring a reversible practice pinnie and plenty of water to drink.
Come on out and play!
Any questions, please contact Chris Tinkham at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the 2018 Spring season, the NVYLL boys’ divisions will follow the US Lacrosse age segmentation guidelines. This is a change from last season.
14U: All players must be born between 3/15/2003 and 8/31/2005
12U: All players must be born between 9/1/2005 and 8/31/2007
10U: All players must be born between 9/1/2007 and 8/31/2009
8U: All players must be born between 9/1/2009 and 8/31/2011
The practical effect of this is that boys' divisions will now skew younger, as follows:
8U will now be mostly 1st and 2nd graders;
10U will now be mostly 3rd and 4th graders;
12U will now be mostly 5th and 6th graders;
14U will now be mostly 7th and 8th graders.
Concussion awareness is a growing topic in youth sports. In support of our athletes, VYI Lacrosse is providing an overview of concussions to both raise concussion awareness and also instill knowledge about the symptoms and risks of concussions across our coaching staff and parent community.
Please take a few minutes to review the information, which includes signs and symptoms of concussion and return to play risks and guidelines.
Parents are also encouraged to visit the "Heads-up" page on the CDC website to review concussion information and symptoms:
All VYI families can update their contact information: addresses, phone numbers and e-mails at any time. Here's how:
1) Click on the 'Edit My Account' button at the bottom of the lower left hand menu options.
2) Enter your e-mail address and password. (Don't know your password, just read the instructions above the data entry box.)
3) Click on any family member's name and you will have access to change what you need.
Keeping your information up to date is important. All VYI sports rely on the contact information in our database and out dated information may cause you to miss important updates.
How can you COMPETE WITH CLASS and HONOR THE GAME?
• Respect your coaches, teammates, opponents, officials, and the fans.
• Compete with heart, honor, and hustle.
• Honor the traditions of the game and respect the ancestors of the sport.
• Have fun, be passionate, and adhere to the spirit of the game both on and off the field.