Welcome to the Vienna Youth, Inc. (VYI) Lacrosse home page. VYI Lacrosse participates in the Northern Virginia Youth Lacrosse League (NVYLL). The purpose of the NVYLL is to provide the youth residing within the geographical boundaries of northern Virginia a healthful, enjoyable leisure time activity and as a corollary to develop qualities that may help them in later life, sportsmanship, team play, and integrity.
For the 2019 Spring season, the NVYLL boys’ divisions will once again follow the US Lacrosse age segmentation guidelines. This is consistent with 2018 age groups.
14U: All players must be born between 3/15/2004 and 8/31/2006
12U: All players must be born between 9/1/2006 and 8/31/2008
10U: All players must be born between 9/1/2008 and 8/31/2010
8U: All players must be born between 9/1/2010 and 8/31/2012
The practical effect of this is that boys' divisions now skew younger than they did prior to 2018, as follows:
8U will be mostly 1st and 2nd graders;
10U will be mostly 3rd and 4th graders;
12U will be mostly 5th and 6th graders;
14U will be mostly 7th and 8th graders.
Concussion awareness is a growing topic in youth sports. In support of our athletes, VYI Lacrosse is providing an overview of concussions to both raise concussion awareness and also instill knowledge about the symptoms and risks of concussions across our coaching staff and parent community.
Please take a few minutes to review the information, which includes signs and symptoms of concussion and return to play risks and guidelines.
Parents are also encouraged to visit the "Heads-up" page on the CDC website to review concussion information and symptoms:
All VYI families can update their contact information: addresses, phone numbers and e-mails at any time. Here's how:
1) Click on the 'Edit My Account' button at the bottom of the lower left hand menu options.
2) Enter your e-mail address and password. (Don't know your password, just read the instructions above the data entry box.)
3) Click on any family member's name and you will have access to change what you need.
Keeping your information up to date is important. All VYI sports rely on the contact information in our database and out dated information may cause you to miss important updates.
How can you COMPETE WITH CLASS and HONOR THE GAME?
• Respect your coaches, teammates, opponents, officials, and the fans.
• Compete with heart, honor, and hustle.
• Honor the traditions of the game and respect the ancestors of the sport.
• Have fun, be passionate, and adhere to the spirit of the game both on and off the field.